I’m delighted that we are reopening our churches for public worship on Sunday 16th May, resuming our normal pattern of services.
This Sunday, 16th May, Holy Communion will be celebrated at St. Columcille’s Rathmore at 9.30am and then a Service of the Word at St. David’s at 11.00am.
It is the Sunday after Ascension, a time when we remember that Jesus as fully Human, is also fully God and is seated at the right hand of God the Father ever interceding for us with the Holy Spirit.
You can check out our video “Back to church” but here’s a reminder of the protocols.
- Hand sanitisers are provided and face coverings must be worn.
- The pews have been spaced and marked at the recommended 2-meter distance. Households may of course sit together.
- Please be seated from the front and exit from the back.
- On a practical note, the doors will be kept open to ensure ventilation, so please bear that in mind when you are choosing your Sunday outfit!
- Holy Communion will be in one kind only. In Rathmore and Kill, it will be brought to people in their pews and in St. David’s the wardens will usher you to the front of the church.
- We will have music, but as yet no singing.
- Due to Government restrictions we are allowed a maximum of 50 in St. Davids and St. Johns, and up to 30 in St. Columcille’s.
Finally, although we’d love to see you. If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend.
It will be such a joyful occasion to welcome you back. To be honest I’m a little nervous, but excited as well. It’s been a long time since Christmas, and it will be wonderful to see you at church.
Dial 01 240 8941 , then enter: 916 2916 8034#
Yours in prayer,